Lime and Rum Cocktail with Bitters
Yield: 2 Servings
- Cocktail Shaker
- 2 tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar syrup
- 3 fl. oz. Dark Rum
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 3-5 Crushed ice
- 2-3 pieces Strawberries
- Mix the sugar syrup, lime juice, rum and Angostura bitters in a cocktail shaker with 2 tablespoons of crushed ice and shake well.
- Pour into a glass, don’t strain it.
- Serve with pieces of strawberry and a straw.
This cocktail will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Lime juice presents a refreshing and also aromatic citrus taste. For the dark rum, it is really different than the white rum and what makes it different is the time period of the aging process. While white rum has a sweet flavor and aged for a short time, dark rum gets aged for a long period and the longer it stays, the darker it gets. They are getting aged in wooden barrels. For simple cocktails it’s not suggested to use dark rum. But if you want to make a cocktail that has a character, then dark rum is a great option. Angostura bitters have three variations with different aromatics, the choice is yours which to use in your cocktail.